A Support Specialist works with and supports the Benefits department by providing prompt, efficient, and accurate technical and administrative support to the Account Management team. Support Specialist handles multifaceted clerical and administrative tasks, and is constantly helping to coordinate a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment. The position requires in-depth knowledge of carrier websites and eligibility systems.
- Receives service requests from Account Management or other team members and navigates numerous carrier websites & third-party enrollment systems to execute online inquiries, changes, and cancellations.
- Builds relationships by listening attentively, solving problems creatively, and using tact and diplomacy to find common ground and achieve win-win outcomes with internal business partners and carriers.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of third-party Employee Benefits eligibility and enrollment systems.
- Fully utilizes core systems to process all work, including incoming and outgoing communication and documents.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with high volume data including formatting in a variety of ways.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness, completeness, and accuracy when interacting with customers, department staff, and carrier personnel to minimize potential for errors & omissions claims.
- Processes subscriber enrollments, terminations, and change requests on a daily basis in the most effective way possible for employees, carriers, and the agency to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction; proofreads printed and/or electronic materials to ensure error-free content.
- Protects confidential information at all times by maintaining client files and following HIPAA and other regulatory privacy laws.
- Identifies trends related to eligibility issues in order to offer innovative ideas and suggestions to both carriers and providers in order to increase productivity and efficiency in workflows
- Presents an excellent first impression through friendliness and professional demeanor as the primary position on phones and front desk.
Skills and Abilities
Professional demeanor, highly organized, problem solving ability, positive work ethic, good judgement, excellent communication skills, analytical skills, flexible, ability to recognize urgent needs, innate critical thinking, attention to detail.
- Proficiency in software applications commonly used in an office environment as well as ability to learn new applications is expected.
- Intermediate or better user of Excel 2013 or newer (proficiency test will be required)
- Excellent spelling, grammar and ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Associates degree or applicable job experience in similar field
- Familiarity with Healthcare system and agency operations is helpful, but not required.
Hours & Compensation
- This is a permanent full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wage Range: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour DOE.
- Start Date: 8/14/2017
To download complete job description, click: EB Support Specialist
To apply, please email your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you feel you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com