Eating healthy can help boost your immune system, keeping you strong when everyone around you is suffering. But if you need to up your defenses a little, consider a homemade immunity shot
Immunity shots are basically small but potent doses of fresh juices loaded with healthy herbs and spices like ginger and tumeric.
Here is my favorite Immunity Shot recipe.
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice – High in Vitamin C
- Juice of one lemon – Improves Digestion
- ½ cup water – reduce acidity
- 1” fresh ginger, peeled & grated – helps soothe sore throat and settle your stomach
- ½” fresh turmeric, peeled & grated – anti-inflammatory & anti-viral
- 4 tbsp. Manuka honey – anti-bacterial and improves sore throat & immunity
- 20 drops of Oil of Oregano – powerful antimicrobial that can help fight off infections
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper – increases blood flow, aids digestion and provides detox support
Whisk all ingredients together well for about 1 minute and transfer to tightly covered jar.
Keep refrigerated. Shake well and drink one ounce twice a day.